Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jesus is God



The Messiah is called God

“The LORD said to my Lord, sit at my right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool” (Psalm 110).
“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Is.9:6).
“Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel” (Is.7:14).
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of you shall come forth to Me the One to be Ruler in Israel, whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting” (Mic.5:2).
“‘Behold, I send My messenger, ad he will prepare the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight. Behold, He is coming’ says the Lord of hosts” (Mal.3:1).

Jesus is called Jehovah

“The LORD [Jehovah] is my Shepherd; I shall not want” (Ps.23:1).
“I am the good shepherd” (John 10:11).
“Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant” (Heb.13:20).

“So I said: Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, The LORD [Jehovah] of hosts” (Is.6:5).
“These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him” (John 12:41).

“The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the; LORD [Jehovah]; Make straight in the desert a highway for our God” (Is.40:3).
“This is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying: ‘The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight’” (Matt.3:3).

“And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As the LORD has said, Among the remnant whom the LORD calls” (Joel 2:32).
“And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Acts 2:21).
“For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Rom.10:13).

Titles reserved for Jehovah are also applied to Christ

“And it shall come to pass in that day that the remnant of Israel, and such as have escaped of the house of Jacob, will never again depend on him who defeated them, but will depend on the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth” (Is.10:20).
“But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and asked for a murderer to be granted to you” (Acts 3:14).

“Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides Me there is no God’” (Is.44:6).
“And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, ‘Do not be afraid: I am the First and the Last’” (Rev.1:17).

“I, even I, am the LORD, and besides Me there is no savior” (Is.43:11).
“Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13).

“And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn” (Zech.12:10)
“And again another Scripture says, ‘They shall look on Him whom they pierced’” (John 19:37).

“For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe” (Deut.10:17).
“These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful” (Rev.17:14).

Jesus possesses all the incommunicable aspects of God

Christ is Omnipresent
“For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them” (Matt.18:20).

Christ is Omniscient
“And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account” (Heb.4:13).
“I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works” (Rev.2:23).

Christ is Omnipotent
“Who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high” (Heb.1:3).
“Far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come” (Eph.1:21).

Christ is Immutable
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Heb.13:8).
“For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Col.2:9).

Jesus does the works of God

He is the Creator
“All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made” (John 1:3).
“For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him” (Col.1:16).
“Has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds” (Heb.1:2).

He forgives sins
“Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?” (Mark 2:7).
“But that you may know that the Son of man has power on earth to forgive sins – then He said to the paralytic, ‘Arise take up your bed, and go to your house’” (Matt.9:6).

He judges
“For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son” (John 5:22).
“And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead” (Acts 10:42).
“I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom” (2Tim.4:1).

Jesus receives worship as God

“The Jesus said to him, ‘Away with you, Satan! For it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve’” (Matt.4:10).
“And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, ‘Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean’” (Matt.8:2).
“Then he said, ‘Lord, I believe! And he worshiped Him’” (John 9:38).
“That all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him” (John 5:22).
“But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: ‘Let all the angels of God worship Him’” (Heb.1:6).
“And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, ‘Do not be afraid: I am the First and the Last’” (Rev.1:17).

The Bible says Jesus is God

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1).
“And Thomas answered and said to Him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:28).
“Who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God” (Phil.2:6).
“Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13).
“But to the Son He says: ‘Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom’” (Heb.1:8).
“Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ” (2Pet.1:1).
“And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life” (1Jo.5:20).

Jesus said that He is God

“So He said to him, ‘Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments’” (Matt.19:17).
“Jesus said to them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM’” (John 8:58).
“I and My Father are one” (John 10:30).
“And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with you before the world was” (John 17:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment